Thursday, October 4, 2012

MaÑana, Iguana by Anne Whitford Paul




I found this book at the public library last week in the picture book section. I picked it out for the bilingual first grade student I work with in reading. It seems to be an adaptation from the Little Red Hen and can be very relatable for your student! I really enjoyed the codeswitching in the book and Spanish glossary. Super cute book, I recommend you check this one out!


Suggested Grade Level: K-2

Summary: Iguana is planning to have a fiesta. All of his friends including Gonejo the rabbit, Tortuga the tortoise and Gulebra the snake want to come but they don't want to help Iguana with the planning! 

Connections: The book lists a number of things the Iguana has to do before the party. You could use this in a lesson about planning or responsibility. Great book for codeswitching and other literacy elements! Do you have any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment